Self Management skills Class 9 Notes Unit-2
In unit 2 of Employability Skills Class 9, you are going to read Self Management Skills. This chapter helps you to understand how to manage yourself to succeed in life. In this chapter, many concepts are discussed that helps you to achieve goals in your life. In class 9 Employability Skills, there are 5 chapters that will fetch you 10 marks in the board examination theory paper. Employability Skills is compulsory for all vocational courses in class 9 including IT Code 402.
Session 1: Introduction to Self-management
It is a way of understanding yourself, your interest, abilities and how to keep a positive attitude in difficult situations.
Benefits of Self Management skills
- It helps to develop good habits
- Also helps in overcoming bad habits
- Gives motivation to achieve goals in life
- Helps in overcoming in difficult situations
How to manage yourself?
Self Management Skills includes:
Self-awareness- Know about yourself
Self-control- Ability to control your behaviour
Self-confidence- Be confident you can achieve anything
Problem-solving- Try to find the solution to problems in your life
Self-motivation- Keep your self-motivation high
Personal Hygiene- Keep yourself clean, smart and healthy
Positive Thinking- Think Everything will be fine
Team Work- Support your team members in the work
Time Management- Complete task on time
Goal Setting- Make a goal. what do you want to achieve?
Session 2: Strength and Weakness Analysis
Strength and weakness are two mains things once you learn about it in your life then life becomes easy. Try to find out what are you good at and what is your weakness. this session will help you to understand all these concepts.
It means knowing about yourself truly. There are many things hidden by yourself in front of others and only you can know about yourself. This will help you to live a happy life. Try to find out who you are, your likes-dislikes and many other things.
Strength and weakness analysis
Strength: The fields in which you are good.
Weakness: The areas in which you are not good and needs improvement.
How to identify strengths?
- Check what you can do very well
- Think of things in which your performance is always good
- Try to find out in what works you are appreciated
- Find out the areas in which you are not good and having difficulties doing that task
- Analyse the feedback you receive from others
- Accept your weakness and try to improve
Difference between interests and abilities
Most of the times it is mixed that interest and ability both are same. Interest is something different.
- Things which you like to do in your free times and which makes you feel happy
- These are the things which you do even no one asked you to do it
- The things which you want to learn in future
- It is a natural capacity or acquired capacity that forces a person to do a particular thing.
- We see that sometimes interest and ability match and sometimes not.
- For example- You like to play football but you don’t have the skill or the required strength to play it
Session 3: Self-confidence
Self-confidence is a sense of trusting in ourselves, trusting in our own ability and strengths. If a person lacks self-confidence he cannot achieve his goals. self-confidence is very necessary to achieve your target. It motivates you to do things in a good manner. It is a quality of believing in our strength and have feelings that we can do anything.
Qualities of self-confident people
Self believe: They believe that they can do anything
Hard Work: They are hard-working people
Positive Attitude: They have a positive attitude towards a situation
Commitment: What to achieve in life is clear in them
How to Build Self Confidence?
Step 1: First of all appreciate your achievements. What you get in your life enjoy it and accept the failure. Don’t be demotivated by your failure
Step 2: Make sure you make a goal and start your preparation for that. take necessary steps to achieve the goal
Step 3: Try to look at the good side. All things have good and bad side try to see the good part in it and be happy.
Some factors which decrease self-confidence
- Negative thinking that I cannot do that thing
- When you only think about that mistakes made in past and don’t learn from the mistakes
- Sometimes we think that success comes in the first attempt and never try again
- Be in a negative environment where people demotivates you and make you feel that you cannot do it
Session 4: Positive Thinking
Positive thinking and its importance
A person’s attitude is very important to complete any task. A person can have a ‘positive’ or ‘negative’ attitude in various circumstances. A positive attitude leads to giving good result. Positive thinking people look at good things and tries to improve them whereas negative thinking people see negative aspects of it and only worries about it without trying to improve it.
Positive thinking leads to good results like
- It helps to overcome challenges
- Gives you the energy to do well
- It helps to get better results at work
- Creates a happy environment around you
How to keep your thinking positive?
- Start your day in a positive way by prayer to god or by doing something which makes you happy
- Manage some time to relax yourself
- Try to find good things even if you are in a bad situation
- Take feedback in a positive way
- Be thankful for good things that you have
Session 5: Personal Hygiene
Personal Hygiene is the thing that should not be ignored. It is a habit to keep yourself clean. it helps to maintain good health. You should keep your body clean to avoid health issues.
Why personal Hygiene is Important?
- It helps you to be healthy
- Represents a good image of yourself
- It also avoids the feeling ashamed due to bad body smelling etc
Three steps to personal hygiene
Care: Take care of your body. Cut your nails in every week
Wash: Wash your hands frequently and take bath daily
Avoid: Avoid dirty clothes
Session 6: Grooming
The dressing is the thing which all of us do. Wearing a neat and clean dress gives us confidence. The way a person dress and groom gives a message about his confidence and smartness.
Why dressing and grooming are important?
- First of all, you look smart
- Feel confident about yourself
- It makes a good impression of yourself among others
Guidelines for dressing and grooming
Clothes: Your clothes should be neat and clean. Shoes should be polished
Hair: Hair should be washed regularly and keep a simple style
Face: Teeth should be clean. If you have a moustache and beards keep a style that suits on your face
Download PDF Self Management skills Class 9 Notes Unit 2