CBSE Science Challenge –2021-22
CBSE Science Challenge –2021-22
Science is inexplicably linked with our lives and helps us to understand the world around us better.
Scientific and technological developments contribute to progress and help improve our standards of living.
By engaging with this subject, students learn to think, solve problems and make informed
decisions. As an initiative to generate curiosity, enquiry and higher order thinking amongst the
learners, the Board is organizing the CBSE Science Challenge for students of classes 8th to 10th
This challenge shall be available on DIKSHA platform from 17th January 2022 to 28th February.
- Students from class 8th to 10th, irrespective of the Board, are eligible to participate in this
challenge. To access the challenge, schools affiliated to CBSE are required to register their
students, provide CBSE registration IDs to students who can then join the ‘CBSE Science
Challenge’ course on the DIKSHA platform.
- The students of schools not affiliated to the CBSE
can directly access the course on DIKSHA platform.
Schools can nominate 5 children in each class who have secured a participation certificate in the
Science Challenge directly to the second stage or national qualifiers of the Raman Young Science
Innovator Awards (conducted by the RRI Trust founded by Sir C.V. Raman; for more details at
Instructions for CBSE schools to register their students:
1) There is NO participation fee for this student enrichment activity.
2) CBSE Schools to visit the CBSE website www.cbse.gov.in and click on the “CBSE Science
Challenge –2021-22” to register their students. As soon as schools register students,
Registration IDs would be generated which they can provide to respective Students. This is
to be given to students so that they can fill it on the DIKSHA portal at the start of quiz.
Steps for students to participate:
1) Students can access the course via DIKSHA portal on computer or via the DIKSHA app on
their Android mobile. iPhone users can access the quiz on any mobile browser. They must
have the latest version of the DIKSHA App from Playstore to access the quiz. In case they
already have the DIKSHA App, it may be ensured that it is updated to the latest version by
2) Students would be required to login to portal/app using their existing DIKSHA credentials.
If they do not have an account on DIKSHA, then they can register for the same by clicking
on the “Register here” button on the page. They can also sign in with an existing Google
account by clicking on the “Sign in with Google” button.
3) The “CBSE Science Challenge” in English can be accessed via link: https://bit.ly/3nrpE2i
and in Hindi: https://bit.ly/3K70gIZ. This will open the login page.
4) On reaching the course home page, click on “Join Course”.
5) Once they have joined the course, they will be able to access different modules of this course.
They can either click on Start Learning or on any one of the modules to access the content:
a. The first module provides a brief introduction to the CBSE Science Challenge course.
b. The second module is the CBSE Science Challenge.
6) The students of CBSE affiliated schools have to fill in the Registration ID (to be provided by
the school/ teacher) before accessing the Quiz. Students of schools not affiliated to CBSE
are to skip filling this Registration ID (please leave it blank).
7) All students who complete the course would be provided a participation certificate.
Participation certificates will be issued online on the DIKSHA platform itself upon
completion of the course. Please ensure that students have their correct names in the diksha platform.
Students should have the latest version of the DIKSHA app or access
to the DIKSHA website to receive certificates. Please note that no merit list shall be
displayed or separate certificates will be issued to the participants for this activity.
For any clarification, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.